6d Ultra Gel - 6 x 70 ml
This 6d Ultra Gel high-dose carbohydrate gel with extra sodium is especially designed for competitive athletes who perform (ultra) endurance efforts of at least 2.5 hours, aiming for carbohydrate intakes of 90-120 g per hour.
- Fast shipping
- Not good, money back guarantee
- Safe and secure ordering and payment
- Ordered before 4 PM, shipped today.
- Expert advice
- 8.8 with 1019 reviews
The 6d Ultra Gel - 6 x 70 ml
This high-dose carbohydrate gel with sodium added has been developed to primarily serve athletes participating in endurance competitions lasting 2.5 or more hours, and aiming at carbohydrate intake rates in the range of 90-120g per hour.
Why to consider using a 45g carbohydrate dose?
Athletes often aim at ingesting 90 to 120g of carbohydrates per hour in "ultra" endurance exercise events. With carbohydrate portions as low as 20-30g, athletes often experience problems to reach the 90-120g goal.
Instead, the ULTRA GEL delivers 45g portions. Thus a 90g dose requires no more than 2 gels per hour.
By the addition of another 30g dose via the extensive 2:1 CARB MIX 6d product range, the upper limits of carbohydrate intake (120g/hour) during exercise can be conveniently achieved.
Why to use a 1:1 glucose:fructose ratio (CARB MIX)?
Oral carbohydrates are absorbed at the site of the gut. The capacity for gut glucose absorption levels of at ±60g per hour, whilst for fructose the absorption rate is at least ±30g per hour. Hence following adequate "gut training" most individuals are able to ingest 90 grams per hour using the 6d 2:1 CARB MIX product range.
However, it is currently trending in endurance athletes to push the carbohydrate intake rate during exercise to the upper limit of gastrointestinal absorption capacity by ingesting up to 120 grams per hour. Research findings have proven the feasibility of such approach, but the fraction of fructose in the carbohydrate mix preferably is raised from the prevailing 2:1 ratio towards an 1:1 ratio. Indeed, exceeding the limit of glucose absorption (60g per hour) predisposes to gastrointestinal problems. Therefore, we developed the ULTRA GEL at a 1:1 CARB MIX.
The combination of 2 ULTRA GELS with one 30g carbohydrate portion from the 6d 2:1 CARB MIX supplements eventually yields a 1:0.8 CARB MIX at a total hourly carbohydrate intake rate of 120g. Thus the ULTRA GEL ideally completes the extensive range of sports drinks, gels, and energy bars within the 6d 2:1 CARB MIX range, providing even more flexible solutions for optimal carbohydrate intake during exercise.
Why 75mg of caffeine? (blackcurrant flavour)
The ULTRA GEL + CAFFEINE contains 45g of carbohydrates and 200mg sodium, plus 75 mg caffeine. Caffeine can boost performance by stimulating mental alertness as well as by postponing fatigue during prolonged exercise. Therefore, the 6d ULTRA GEL + CAFFEINE is the ideal energy supplement for endurance athletes aiming to elevate blood caffeine level in the approach of key episodes in endurance races.
- 45g carbohydrates, to readily achieve a 90-120g hourly intake rate.
- 1:1 CARB MIX, to allow maximal energy uptake in combination with 2:1 CARB MIX.
- 200mg sodium, for rapid restoral of fluid and sodium balance.
- Big fluid volume (70ml), to improve palatability.
- 2 fruity flavours based on natural ingredients.
- 75mg of caffeine for a physical and mental energy boost. (blackcurrant flavour)
- Ingest 1-2 gels per hour depending on exercise duration and intensity and the possible combination with other carbohydrate sources.
- Designed to be combined with other 6d products containing a 2:1 CARB MIX to eventually obtain a 90-120g hourly carbohydrate intake rate. We recommend to co-ingest water with the 6d ULTRA GEL to compensate for the high carbohydrate (sugar) and sodium contents, and thereby facilitate digestion as well as reduce the incidence of gastrointestinal symptoms.
- 6d Sports Nutrition
Customers who bought this product also bought:
4 other products in the same category: